Sunday 25 September 2011

Cutting the fat: Week 1

After one week I am down 1 kg.

Nnnnnnot bad.  Luckily this regime hasn’t got my daily routine too out of order.

My weight loss could be more, but I haven’t exactly been careful with what I eat. Sticking to my diet is fine when I first wake up, but the later it gets, and the less awake but unable to fall asleep I become, the less I’m able to listen to reason concerning what effect eating a sizable snack has on my metabolism.

Sticking to my conditioning regime hasn’t been that difficult.  I’m going to stick to the same routine for a few weeks or so before I think about changing my reps.  I’ve just got to make sure I get it done early in the day because longer I leave it in the day, the less motivated I feel.

My biggest issue by far however is my knee.  Now we all know that cardio exercise is great for weight loss but I’ve had to ease up on the running since the reemergence of pains in my knee similar of the last time I tore my meniscus.  Naturally, I’m worried.  This doesn’t affect my conditioning regime but it really bothers me that I can’t work on my leg strength or cardio fitness at the moment.  I going to have it checked out in a few days and see if it’s an easy fix.  I am aware it doesn’t work like that but hey – a girl can dream!

Just keep swimming,

Voyager

No comments:

Post a Comment